I know that most health-minded people realize that our desire return to Whole, Organic, Non-GMO and Raw foods is not something new. For thousands of years we worked our way towards physical,emotional and spiritual disaster wondering “how?” every step of the way.
At a talk that I was at a while back, a body/fuel analogy was offered; “If you were given only one car in your life and you were told that you had to make it last, what kind of fuel would you put in it? How would you maintain it?”….this got a lot of the crowd thinking, myself included. Could it be that easy to understand the actual needs of the human body? Would the human body express it’s need for vitamins, minerals, exercise and rest much like that of a vehicle?
By golly, it would and it does.
Below I offer you some words of advice from Hippocrates. Pretty “easily digestible” stuff if you ask me.
HIPPOCRATES ‘10 RULES TO LIVE BY’
1. THE NATURAL WAY IS THE ONLY WAY! This should be an obvious medical pursuit, according to Mother Nature and Hippocrates.
2. TREAT THE CAUSE OF AN ILLNESS, NOT THE SYMPTOM! Modern synthetic drugs just mask the illness, but never deal with the origin.
3. LOOK TO THE SPINE FOR ILLNESSES! Hippocrates strongly suggested this which relates to modern day Chiropractic treatment.
4. THROW AWAY YOUR DRUGS AND HEAL THE PEOPLE WITH FOOD! Food is medicine – medicine is food. Hippocrates knew that food had health giving qualities – now known as Protein, Vitamins and Minerals.
5. MOST ILLNESS CAN BE PREVENTED BY EATING NATURAL FOODS! The majority of foods that Americans consume are processed, refined, overcooked, full of chemicals, pesticides, artificial ingredients, xenohormones, antibiotics, and grown in mineral depleted soil.
6. A HEALTHY COLON IS ESSENTIAL! The U.S. Government reports that colon problems are dramatically increasing in America.
7. DO NOT ADMINISTER DANGEROUS AND HARMFUL MEDICATIONS! The F.D.A. admits that prescription drugs kill 50,000 – 350,000 people a year in America.
8. DO NO HARM TO YOUR PATIENTS! The New England Journal of Medicine reports that the end result of most drug therapy is harmful side effects.
9. DO NOT PERFORM SURGERY FOR MONEY! The U.S. Government reports that 75% of all surgeries in this country are unnecessary.
10. THE WORD PROTEIN MEANS MOST IMPORTANT! Hippocrates named protein as the most essential food we should consume, as the greater percentage of our bodies are comprised of it.
“If we could give every individual the right amount of nourishment and exercise, not too little and not too much, we would have found the safest way to health.” ~Hippocrate
*This blogger does not condone the use of Chiropractics
Sources: Google, Tim Van Orden, The Power of 4