I feel like it’s been forever since I posted a recipe. In fact, it nearly has been. There has been so much going on this spring and summer I’ve barely been able to blog at all.
Recently, I was toying around in the kitchen and decided to make a vegan/raw kale caesar. Here’s what I came up with.
– Cutting board
– Food processor – or hand blender
– Bowl for soaking – Optional
– Citrus juicer – Optional
– 6 cloves garlic
– Juice of 3 large lemons or equivalent of 1/4 cup of lemon juice minimum
– 1.5 cups macadamia nuts *soaked for 1-2 hours
– 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
– 1 tsp himalayan salt
– 2 tsp namashoyu / tamari
– 5 large dates (medjool) or 8-10 small dates – if you like a sweeter dressing
– 6-12 fresh basil leaves
– 1 tsp dulse flakes – opt
– 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
Add all ingredients to blending machine of your choice, process until smooth. Add water if too chunky. Do not over process without adding liquid as macadamia nuts can turn into a cheese/boursin type substance.